Wine for Gifts
Wine makes the perfect gift whether being given as a corporate gift to a clients, brought as a host gift to a party, or given as a present to your favorite uncle.
PRP Wine offers many unique and customizable client gift options for corporations and small business owners. From custom-labeled wines with a special holiday message to engraved sommelier kits, we can meet your budget. In addition, we can directly deliver to your clients! To learn more about our gift options, check out our catalog!
One recent corporate client explained her gift giving philosophy, "Our banking clients love getting wine, but we need to be careful to not spend too little or too much on a wine they might recognize. I love working with PRP Wine for exclusive wines they can't find anywhere else yet still are high quality recognizable types of wines such as Barolos, Cabernets, and Chardonnays!"
Beyond business gifts, wine is an excellent option for a host or hostess gift! This is the season for holiday parties, and you never want to arrive empty handed. But let's be honest, showing up with a cheap, easily recognizable brand may be worse than showing up with nothing.
A client recently related the following funny story... "My friend is a bit pretentious, so when he arrived with a bottle of Aldi-brand Winking Owl wine, I obviously laughed and was shocked he'd ever even been in an Aldi store. He didn't understand why I was laughing and explained that a friend of his gives him a case of this wine every year for Christmas. He loves sharing it with his friends as gifts. Knowing full well my friend would be mortified to find out he had been giving a sub-$5 bottle of wine as a gift, I quickly informed him of its origin. Suffice to say, the joke his friend had been playing for years on him with that case of "exclusive California wine" finally came to an end that year. The next time I saw my friend, he had learned his lesson and gave me a really fine bottle of wine!"
And what about that relative you got in the family gift exchange? Wine is an easy answer! Find out what kind of wine he or she likes, and stock them up with some unique wines they can't find anywhere else. You may just help them discover some new favorites!
Wine for Entertaining
Whether you're hosting a holiday party with friends or hosting the holiday meals, you'll want to be well-stocked on a variety of wines for your guests to enjoy! Here's some tips to ensure your guests will be excited about your selection of drinks:
- Variety Matters: Many hosts tend to only offer wines they prefer to drink, but in reality, many of your guests may prefer very different wines. It's important to have an assortment of both reds and whites, as well as a mix of dry and sweet.
- Decant the Reds: If you have some dry reds that you're excited to showcase, be sure to have them decanted or place an aerator in the bottle. By letting the wine "breathe" through these methods, you'll ensure your guests get the best experience with the wine.
- Don't Be Cheap (at least not initially): For the beginning of the party when everyone's palate is at it's peak wine-enjoyment level, put out the good stuff. Yes, you may have a lot of folks attending the party or dinner, but this is the time to bring out the good stuff for enjoyment with friends and family! As the party progresses, you can slowly start bringing out the "value wines." By this point in the night, palates aren't quite operating at peak proficiency, so your drop in quality may not even be noticed.
- Add Notes & Recommendations: Hang a note tag on each bottle or set a notecard next to each wine with a description of the wine and recommendations for food pairing. Many bottles simply aren't all that descriptive on the label, so a few words of description can go a long way to ensuring all wine is enjoyed by those most likely to appreciate it. This is a great opportunity to reach out to your Wine Consultant for specific pairing recommendations.
- Bring Out the Cordials: As the night progresses, plan to offer coffee and cordials such as Golden Tango Cream or Loud Coffee Liqueur!
Wine for Surviving the Craziness
No matter how much you may enjoy the holidays, the season is a bit crazy with the hustle and bustle of parties, gift buying, family gatherings and more!
The best tip for surviving all this? Save a few "treat" bottles to be enjoyed after the party ends, the kids go to bed, and the relatives leave! That special bottle you got on your last vacation or that wine you went a bit above your price point on is going to be a perfect treat for the end of the celebrations. Grab some glasses and pour you and your significant other a big glass while you cuddle by the fire!
If you'd like to order some wine for gifts, entertaining, or simply surviving the holidays, hit me up! I'm happy to make some recommendations!